Tone Sphere Translation Project[edit | edit source]
This is a project to translate the parts of Tone Sphere that are not yet translated in-game. Sta is aiming to update the in-game translation during the course of Empyreal Bon Voyage.
If you're fluent in English/Japanese and another language, we'd love you to contribute!
- Find a page below
- Click the Edit button on that page
- Click on the table for a particular line, and click the Translate link that appears (or just double click the table!)
- Find your language and add the translation
- Click Apply, and click Save once you're done
Guidelines[edit | edit source]
- When translating for your language, you can use either the English or Japanese reference as a guide, whichever suits the translation best. Or, in some cases (e.g. where there are English/Japanese-specific jokes, idioms or wordplay), you might be able to use something from your own language/culture - Sta's happy with this as long as it fits the Tone Sphere aesthetic.
- This is especially true for the captions for Sphere Map locations. Sta already has completely different English and Japanese captions for many of them, so absolutely feel free to take creative liberties here!
- Some languages tend to use English terms for some terms and phrases in games, rather than the user's native language. Please try to use the terms that you would expect to see in a translated game.
- Sometimes the original languages will have different wording, or be completely different - in these cases we'll try to have an English translation of the Japanese version as well. Clicking on the name of a language will give you a machine translation - hopefully this will be helpful, but please do not submit machine translations to the wiki!
- We try to include clarifications about what certain words/phrases mean. If you need more advice, feel free to ask in a comment on the page, or by messaging bmn on Discord (see below).
- Also please note that the wiki isn't a fan of this pipe symbol |. If you want to use it, please enter this instead (including the semicolon): |
- If your language is not listed, it needs to be added to the translation template. If you have any issues, please find us in #tonesphere on the Bit192 Labs Discord.
Flags[edit | edit source]
- Each line of translation can have a "flag" (an icon representing translation status) to its left.
- Ready ✅ indicates you are confident the translation is correct and suitable.
- On Hold ⚠️ indicates you are uncertain or not happy with the translation and it should not be added to the game yet.
- Added 🚋 is for lines that have already been added to the game as-is.
- This flag should be removed if you change the translation at a later date!
- A British 🇬🇧 or Japanese 🇯🇵 flag (or the letters GB or JP if country flags are unsupported) appears automatically, if the translation is identical to the original English or Japanese.
- If the appropriate translation already appears in-game, please override this with the Added flag.
- To add or remove flags, find the translation variables "Ready", "OnHold" and "Added". Type in the code for your language (e.g. PortugueseBR), and separate multiple languages with any punctuation mark (e.g. a comma).
Translations[edit | edit source]
System[edit | edit source]
Songs[edit | edit source]
Sphere Map Locations[edit | edit source]
Sphere Map Locations (Empyreal Bon Voyage)[edit | edit source]
Contributors[edit | edit source]
- Dimentio Harmonia, SolarSummit, Kobagrim - French
- Duaf1xd, huutinh582, Imeri Kanzo, Wild Banana Cat, Monokarou - Vietnamese
- gogobmn - standing around looking important
- Part.lertsakulcharoen - Thai
- Zak, JesusCastilloTusa - Español
- gabrielsdea - Portuguese / Brazillian Portuguese
- AltracasysHC & Dreamwind & Ardy - Simplified Chinese
- auth / Moonpus - Korean